The LONGEST round of Dead Guy in CHOM history rages on!! With all the questions asked so far, there's obviously still stuff to determine. The key is to maybe read between the lines here people! ;) Up for grabs is a $200 gas card AND a special visit from CHOM's Afternoon Rock Ride host Bilal Butt, who'll bring some meat for the grill, cold brews and his guitar to rock out with you and your friends in your own backyard!!
Tune in to the Afternoon Rock Ride with Bilal every weekday at 3:40pm and listen for the signal. If you're caller-9 at 514-790-0977, you get to play "Dead Guy in an Envelope" for a chance to win.
Ask a YES or NO question about who the mystery "dead guy" could be, and then you take a stab at it. If you guess correctly, YOU get the $200 gas card AND a special backyard jam with the Butt-Man himself!!
So, who is it?
Today is DAY-65 of the contest, and here's what we know so far.. the "dead guy" :
- WAS an American
- was NOT an entertainer
- was NOT a pro baseball player
- was NOT an entrepreneur
- WAS an inventor
- did NOT invent the telephone
- his first name did NOT start with a vowel?!
- his last name did NOT start with "M"
- did NOT produce firearms
- did NOT share his last name with a tire company
- was NOT a U.S. President
- his first name did NOT start with "C"
- he WAS born in the U.S.
- was NOT African-American
- did NOT invent super-glue
- did NOT invent something computer-related
- did NOT invent multi-track recording
- did NOT invent anything food-related
- did NOT invent the rotary printing press
- did NOT invent the barcode
- did NOT invent a beverage
- did NOT die in the 1800s
- did NOT have a daughter married to a Beatle
- did NOT invent the Hubble telescope
- did NOT invent the zipper
- did NOT invent the slinky
- did NOT invent a musical instrument
- WAS born in the 1800s
- did NOT invent Coca-Cola
- did NOT invent blue jeans
- was NOT a chemist
- did NOT invent the escalator
- did NOT die before 1921
- did NOT invent razor blades
- DID publicize his invention after 1920
- did NOT invent anything radio-related
- did NOT invent anything cold
- did NOT invent ROOT
- DID work with electricity
- did NOT invent the telegraph
- did NOT die before 1950
- is NOT in the National Inventors' Hall of Fame
- did NOT invent eReaders
- was NOT a magician
- was NOT an author
- DID die after 1960
- WAS born between 1890-1899
- did NOT have the letter "V" in his first name
- was NOT from California
- was NOT a cartoonist
- was NOT a mathematician
- did NOT invent a board game
- did NOT invent the bulldozer
- was NOT an architect
- was NOT an artist
- was NOT born in Massachusetts
- WAS a coach
- did NOT manufacture sunglasses
- NOT a politician
- WAS an NCAA football coach
Just in case you were wondering.. the "dead guy" is NOT : JFK, Malcolm X, Bill Davidson, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, Wilbur Wright, Henry Ford, Granville T. Woods, Willis Carrier, Albert Einstein, Dr. Jonas Salk, Robert Fulton, Larry Hagman, Herb Peterson, Richard Drew, David Kearns, Edward Goodrich Acheson, Thomas Midgley Jr., John Deere, Frank Zambonim, Raymond DeWalt, Jacob Davis, Seth Wheeler, Percy Spencer, James Wright, John DeLorean, Charles Goodyear, Levi Strauss, John S. Thurman, Lewis Waterman, Les Paul, John Wesley Hyatt, George Eastman, James Bonsack, Robert H. Goddard, Nikola Tesla, Samuel Morse, Harvey Fletcher, John Hays Hammond Jr., Frank Lloyd Wright, Buckminster "Bucky" Fuller, Lee de Forest, J. Edgar Hoover, John A. Larson, David Crosthwait, Rueben Goldberg, Norman Rockwell, John Lloyd Wright, R.G. LeTourneau, Charles Darwin, Robert Williams Wood, Alfred Mosher Butts, George Halas, Robert Moog or Earl Louis "Curly" Lambeau.