WATCH: Panicked Toronto owner tries to save choking dog hung up in elevator

Re-posted from Russ Courtney at Newstalk 1010, our sister station in Toronto.

It's a pet owners nightmare.

Your animal struggles to survive as you watch on helplessly.

That happened to 25 year-old Ryerson University student Tamara Seibert earlier this month when her 5 year-old Rottweiler Vado got hung up in the elevator of her Toronto condo.

The 110 pound dog walked into the elevator with his owner March 2nd going down to the parking garage and his leash got caught in the elevator doors. When the elevator started to go down, the dog was lifted towards the ceiling as his panicked owner furiously tried to stop the elevator.

When that didn't work she held on to the dog and tried to get the Vado out of his collar and in the struggle, she tells the Toronto Sun she broke two of her fingers.

"I thought I was going to watch him die," Seibert tells the paper.

She believes part of the reason her dog lived was because his broke. When that happened he fell to floor just as the doors to the elevator opened in the parking garage.

Seibert has posted the surveillance video from the incident to her Facebook page as a way to warn others to be careful with pets in elevators.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here.